Term time, Fixed Term Contract
The School of Modern Languages, Literature, and Cultures at the Royal Holloway University of London seek to rent a Fixed Term, Term time only for one academic year to enroll in our German group, beginning on [date to be confirmed 2019]. The Tutor will train on courses in superior German Language for the Department of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures within the new School of Humanities at Royal Holloway.
The successful applicant will preferably have applicable coaching enjoy German culture and language in Higher Education or at a comparable level. An excessive degree of competence in spoken and written German language (local or close to local) is important for this role.
The Language Tutor will deliver up to six hours of undergraduate guides in German, including classes focused on grammar, comprehension and writing abilties, and oral speaking exercises. The courses in the query are all nicely hooked up and a complete online module shape, consisting of readings, homework venture subjects, and pre-prepared shows, is available for every through our online studying platform Moodle.
The successful applicant will mark weekly formative homework and co-operate with the German team within the practice and staining of written and oral examinations.
Teaching takes place in Terms 1-2. Examining takes place in Term 3.
The courses to be taught will most likely consist of:
- GM1009 German Language 1 – our middle superior German module for first years, together with 2 hours according to the week of oral practice with college students
- GM2009 – German Language 2 – our middle superior German module for 2d years
- GM3009 – German Language 3 – our center superior German module for final years
- A weekly Grammar Lecture presented as additional help to the students at the above publications
This is a term-time, fixed-period 0.5 positions, with the opportunity of renewal after that length.
Informal inquiries should be made to Professor Sarah Wright ([email protected]), Head of Modern Languages, Pieces of literature and Cultures, and Jon Hughes ([email protected] kingdom), program director for German.
- Chair: Prof S Wright (Head of School)
- Panel member: Odile Rimbert
- Panel member: Dr. Jon Hughes
- In going back, we provide a notably competitive rewards and blessings package consisting of:
- Generous annual go away entitlement
- Training and Development possibilities
- Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution
- Various schemes, including Cycle to Work, Season Ticket Loans, and help with the value of Eyesight trying out.
The post is based totally in Egham, Surrey, where the College is situated on a lovely, leafy campus near Windsor Great Park and within commuting distance from London.
Would you mind quoting the reference: 0619-230
- Closing Date: TBC
- Interview Date: TBC
Please word that it will now not be feasible for the College to difficulty a Certificate of Sponsorship for successful applicants as this role does not fall into one in all the usual occupational codes deemed eligible for sponsorship using UK Visas and Immigration and the pro-rata earnings will no longer meet the minimal threshold set via UK Visas and Immigration. Therefore, successful candidates will need to be eligible to work inside the UK or have restricted depart to stay within the UK and associated properly to paintings at some stage in their employment with the College, by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.