Do you have got a hobby in pursuing your tertiary studies in an area referring to Islam or cultures related to the religion? This serves as a beneficial area of look at in our increasingly multicultural and globalized society, as aptly referred to in a record utilizing The Guardian 10 years in the past that also earrings genuine these days: “Without a doubt given the political turmoil worldwide and the ever-gift fears of extremism and terrorism, selling intelligent debate and knowledge of Islam and the position of Muslims within the current international is increasingly important.
“It’s a critical twenty-first-century issue, and there’s developing popularity that Islamic Studies has ended up a topic of strategic significance in a multicultural society. The college students of these days, if nicely taught, will become the lecturers of the future with an imaginative and prescient for multiculturalism and peaceful co-life.” Islam is one of the world’s largest religions with a few 1.8 billion fans. Many undergraduate and graduate programs refer to the situation available in universities globally, depending on your area of hobby. Here are four Islamic-associated publications that could enchantment to Muslim students who are keen on analyzing overseas:
Typically, college students pursuing an undergraduate degree in Islamic Studies will study several modules in their 3-yr program. These may also consist of Islamic regulation, records, political technology, theology, literature, and sociology, among others. For example, the University of Leeds within the UK notes this approximately their BA Islamic Studies: “You’ll cover modules which cope with Muslim theology, Shari’a law, Islamism, Qur’anic Studies and current intellectual tendencies.”
Some universities that offer Islamic Studies courses:
- The University of Birmingham in England (MA Islamic Studies)
- The University of Malaya in Malaysia (Bachelor in Islamic Education (Islamic Studies); MA Islamic Studies)
- The University of Edinburgh in Scotland (MA Islamic Studies)
- McGill University in Canada (MA in Islamic Studies, Ph.D. in Islamic Studies)
Interested in the criminal elements of Islam? Shariah (or sharia) regulation is an Islamic law derived from the lessons of the Quran in addition to fatwas. BBC notes: “Shariah regulation acts as a code for the dwelling that every one Muslims have to adhere to, inclusive of prayers, fasting and donations to the poor. Its ambitions to help Muslims understand how they need to lead each component in their lives in line with God’s wishes.” An undergraduate degree in shariah law will provide students with the capabilities and expertise in Islamic judiciary and advocacy.
Some universities that provide Islamic law guides:
- International Islamic University Malaysia in Malaysia (BA Law Shariah (Hons.) LL.B(S))
- The University of London in England (MA in Islamic Law)
- The University of Malaya in Malaysia (Bachelor of Shariah and Law)
- Al-Azhar University in Egypt (BA Shariah Law)
If you’re keen to go into the financial sector, Islamic finance can be a terrific region to enter. Financial Times notes: “Islamic finance is a technique of banking that abides with the aid of shariah regulation, which forbids charging interest and playing.” According to reviews, Islamic finance is gaining momentum worldwide, which requires greater expertise in the place.
Some universities that provide Islamic Finance-related courses:
The International University of Malaya-Wales in Malaysia (Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) in Islamic Finance) Durham University in England (MSc in Islamic Finance)
Bangor University in Wales (MSc Islamic Banking and Finance)
The Global University of Islamic Finance in Malaysia (Masters in Islamic Finance Practice)
Language and literature
Arabic is the fifth maximum widely spoken language in the world. Mastering the language can supply students to get entry to the wealthy highbrow heritage of Islam, notes the University of Edinburgh.
Right-brained folks eager to develop information of the Arabic language, literature, and culture may also need to pursue an undergraduate or graduate degree in the location.
Typically, the path will help you emerge as talented within the language, further exposing Arab culture, literature, and social traits, relying on your direction. Some programs may additionally have a look at abroad options for college kids to facilitate learning.
Some universities that offer Arabic and Islamic literature-associated courses:
- United Arab Emirates University in UAE (BA in Arabic Language and Literature)
- American University in Cairo in Egypt (BA Arabic Studies, MA Arabic Studies)
- American University within the US (BA Arabic Studies)
- The University of Oxford in England (BA in Oriental Studies (Arabic))
- The University of London in England (BA Arabic and Islamic Studies)
- International Islamic University Malaysia in Malaysia (Ph.D. in Arabic Literary Studies)