The internship gives an amazing possibility for pupils to recognize the process of components of foreign coverage and its implementation.
The Ministry of External Affairs offers internships at some stage in the 12 months. The internship programme provides a superb opportunity for scholars to understand the manner of a formula of foreign policy and its implementation by way of the Government of India.
Interns get to work beneath the supervision of the concerned Head of Division (HOD) or Head of Mission (HOM)/Head of Post (HOP). They can be required to behaviour research, write reviews, analyse evolving developments, or perform any other undertaking entrusted to them via the HOD/HOM/HOP. Interns may be required to work from in the Ministry’s premises. Necessary logistical aid might be provided to interns considering the purposeful necessities. No monetary remuneration will be paid to the interns. Internship programme shall neither be an employment nor the guarantee of any employment with the Ministry.
1. Candidate must be in the final yr of an undergraduate path or possess a graduate diploma before the graduation of an internship. Preference can be given to candidates with extraordinary instructional music report from institutions of reputation and credible tips from school who have taught/guided them within the beyond, and also to analyze scholars.
2. An intern must not have attained the age of 30 years on the date of software.
3. Internship programme for MEA Headquarters is open to Indian residents best. Interested Indian citizens, OCI card holders and overseas nationals might also practice for internship in Indian Missions and Posts overseas.
4. An intern can be required to paintings most effective on-web page (i.E. Within premises of Ministry/ Missions/Posts). An off-site internship isn’t always to be had at Headquarters/Missions/Posts.
About the Internship programme:
The internship programme at headquarters consists of attachment with one of the Divisions inside the Ministry. Also, the programme shall include a briefing consultation with Administration Division on the shape and functioning of the Ministry. Certificates will be issued by way of Administration Division based totally on the recommendation of the Head of Division.
The interns can also publish a report on completion of their internship to the Head of Division/Mission/Post. The intern may put up his/her perspectives and remarks on the internship programme to the worried Head of Division/Mission/Post.
The applicant will be knowledgeable about the begin of their internship upon choice. Once decided on, an internship will be for a period of one to 6 months. Extension, in tremendous instances, may be granted on a case-to-case foundation for the intern at MEA Headquarters handiest.
How to apply:
Download the Proforma for utility right here.
The packages can be sent to the workplace of Joint Secretary (Administration) using registered/velocity post, at the following cope with:
Joint Secretary (Administration)
Ministry of External Affairs
Room No.149 A, South Block
New Delhi – 110011.
A boost copy of the software with attachments may be despatched through email to [email protected] and [email protected] Query, if any, can be addressed to Applications duly filled in and complete in all recognize with required documents have to reach as a minimum four months before the graduation of the internship.
Check to list:
1. Duly crammed in Application Form.
2. Copy of as a minimum three documentary proofs of identification which can also encompass replica of Passport/Aadhar Card/Voter ID/PAN Card/Driving License/Ration Card and so forth. In the case of Indian nationals; and Passport, OCI card and National Identity Card in case of OCI card holders.
3. Curriculum Vitae.
Four. Introduction letter from the Head of Institution at the official stationery wherein the applicant studied/studying.
5. No objection certificate from University/Institution in case the internship is to be pursued in parallel with an ongoing direction.
6. Self-attested certificates and transcripts for all of the accomplishments noted in Paras eight, 9 and thirteen of Application Form (educational qualifications, modern-day publications being pursued and initiatives undertaken).
All applications will be scrutinised inside the Ministry through a Selection Committee, and intimation might be sent to chosen candidates. The Selection Committee may behaviour a non-public interaction with the applicant and also confirm unique documents. The selection of the Selection Committee shall be very last and binding, and no queries will be entertained after the crowning glory of the choice technique. Applicants are recommended to use at least four months earlier than the meant date of start of the internship.
Approximately thirty interns may be engaged with the aid of the Ministry at a given point in time. Up to 2 interns can be engaged by way of Missions/Posts abroad.
The Ministry/Mission/Post may additionally terminate the engagement of intern at any point with out giving any purpose, as Ministry deems suit. Ministry’s decision shall be final on this regard. An intern can select to depart the programme, if she/he so goals, giving prior notice of one week to the Ministry.